Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bowden: Most talent than he's ever had at Clemson

Not really surprising considering what the Tigers have coming back. What's interesting to me is the take from two different writers who listened to the same press conference. One headline says, "Tigers hold pieces to deliver success". The other says, "Bowden downplays expectations".

I realize that the author probably didn't write the headlines, but the difference in the tone of the stories amazes me. But, as Bowden says, "They're underachievers, can't win the big one, can't win the championship," he said Tuesday, parroting the most common criticism. "But we haven't done it. It's my fault...I think until you win a championship, that's always going to be the analogy, and accurately so".

Well said, Tommy.

No comments: